Re: Anyone going to polydays?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
      Hi Chris, we must make sure we say hello to each other and introduce
      ourselves!!

      Anyone out there from nearer my neck of the wood going?? I'm in
      Dorset.

      Shelley (having assessed the situation believes she needs bigger bags
      and a sherpa to carry them)
      http://www.shelleym.co.uk

    • secret1404@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
        Hi,

        Have been reading the recent posts about Polydays...............what is
        it??????????? Is it a show of some sort???? If so, where is it and
        when????!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Any info greatly appreciated!!!!!

        Cheers.....................Sue

      • Shelley McLoughlin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
          Hey there Sue - Polydays is a 2 day away thingy. Organised by the British
          Polymer Clay Guild, it consists of 2 days of classes fun and pasta machines!
          It's held every other year at about this time of year it seems. This will be
          the 3rd time it will be held at Loughborough University Campus in
          Leicestershire. That isn't to say that it will be there every time, but they
          seem to offer the guild the best deal for accommodation and rooms for
          classes etc that they've found.

          I should have posted here months back about it. It's this weekend so it's a
          bit late for booking now! For those not local, we arrive and stay 2 nights,
          friday and saturday night - local folk can just attend the classes if they
          want. There are 3 different time slots for classes and with a choice of 5
          different classes in each slot. A class lasts 3 hours. There's 2 on the
          saturday and one on the sunday morning, the saturday evening is polyparty
          time as well as showing and possibly selling off of your wares. Sue's
          polymer clay pit is open on and off most of the weekend (can't remember the
          times) so we can also buy more supplies as we run out! Sunday afternoon
          before we head off we are also invited to the guild AGM, I'll stick around
          for that and head off afterwards.

          Oh I am definitely getting excited. Save your money for the next one sue!