Anyone going to polydays?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
      I'm trying to drag those that are going to polydays this weekend out
      of lurkdom!!

      So who's gonna be there - and what classes are you going to be doing?
      Who am I likely to meet up with?? Anyone travelling there from London
      who wants company on a train?

      I'm going to be doing both classes with Sarah Shriver and the antique
      bead one with Alison Ingham.

      Shelley
      http://www.shelleym.co.uk
    • Iris Boughton
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2003
        I will be there Shelley! Just desperately trying to sort out my tools etc........I am going to be doing Kathy Dewey's classes of a head and a horses head and Alex's chair.
        Iris from near Peterborough
        So who's gonna be there - and what classes are you going to be doing?
        Who am I likely to meet up with?? Anyone travelling there from London
        who wants company on a train?

        I'm going to be doing both classes with Sarah Shriver and the antique
        bead one with Alison Ingham.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
          Hi Iris - we'll have to make sure that we say hello to each other
          properly! I know what you mean with sorting things out. I have to try
          and see if I can get it all into a small enough mass to be able to
          carry half way across the country on the train!

          I miss chatting with you and Jo at pcc. We wont be in the same
          classes, but that shouldn't stop us catching up on things! I hope you
          are bringing lots of things to show, I just loved your torture
          chamber from last time.

          Look forward to seeing you on Friday.
          Shelley
          http://www.shelleym.co.uk

          --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Iris Boughton" <japonica@n...>
          wrote:
          > I will be there Shelley! Just desperately trying to sort out my
          tools etc........I am going to be doing Kathy Dewey's classes of a
          head and a horses head and Alex's chair.
          > Iris from near Peterborough
        • Chris Buck
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
              Hi Chris, we must make sure we say hello to each other and introduce
              ourselves!!

              Anyone out there from nearer my neck of the wood going?? I'm in
              Dorset.

              Shelley (having assessed the situation believes she needs bigger bags
              and a sherpa to carry them)
              http://www.shelleym.co.uk

            • secret1404@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
                Hi,

                Have been reading the recent posts about Polydays...............what is
                it??????????? Is it a show of some sort???? If so, where is it and
                when????!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Any info greatly appreciated!!!!!

                Cheers.....................Sue

              • Shelley McLoughlin
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Hey there Sue - Polydays is a 2 day away thingy. Organised by the British
                  Polymer Clay Guild, it consists of 2 days of classes fun and pasta machines!
                  It's held every other year at about this time of year it seems. This will be
                  the 3rd time it will be held at Loughborough University Campus in
                  Leicestershire. That isn't to say that it will be there every time, but they
                  seem to offer the guild the best deal for accommodation and rooms for
                  classes etc that they've found.

                  I should have posted here months back about it. It's this weekend so it's a
                  bit late for booking now! For those not local, we arrive and stay 2 nights,
                  friday and saturday night - local folk can just attend the classes if they
                  want. There are 3 different time slots for classes and with a choice of 5
                  different classes in each slot. A class lasts 3 hours. There's 2 on the
                  saturday and one on the sunday morning, the saturday evening is polyparty
                  time as well as showing and possibly selling off of your wares. Sue's
                  polymer clay pit is open on and off most of the weekend (can't remember the
                  times) so we can also buy more supplies as we run out! Sunday afternoon
                  before we head off we are also invited to the guild AGM, I'll stick around
                  for that and head off afterwards.

                  Oh I am definitely getting excited. Save your money for the next one sue!