OT: potential yahoo trouble....

  • Sunni
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2002
      just a bit of handy info from the listmom over at MSATPrintiesClass --
      thought it would be handy for the rest of the yahoo groups during the storms
      a-happenin' on the western seaboard of the usa.

      Sunni Bergeron
      My homepage: http://sunnisan.com/

      ----------

      Sorry for the xpost.

      Yahoo and many other websites have their mail and web servers in
      Northern California and the Seattle area.

      Yahoo's mail servers are in Northern California where there are
      nasty storms going through right now. This can affect power and
      if there are other problems Yahoo and many other sites maybe
      working on limited resources.

      The pacific northwest is also waiting for some rain, but I don't
      believe it is going to be as bad as it is in and around the San
      Francisco area. There is flooding and high wind. A lot of
      people in California aren't used to this much rain all at once.
      I heard that in some areas they've receive the entire rain
      amount for the year in just a couple of days.

      I was born, raised and lived in many areas of California from
      the southern to the northern coastal areas so I know it is a
      shock to the system and to the enviroment to get so much rain at
      once. I'm thinking of everyone in the path of these storms
      coming in. We've heard it called the "Pineapple Express" as this
      happens when we are in an El Nino year.

      I wouldn't recommend resending posts to the Ygroups as that will
      bog the servers down even further. Also there maybe disruption
      of services from other ISP's such as Earthlink, AOL, AT&T and
      others due to the weather. Patience will be in order for the
      day...Ha! :-)

      Back to your regularly scheduled program!

      Anna