Polydays 2003 ,4/6 April

  • alisongallant
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2002
      Please make a note in your diaries - the British Polymer Clay Guild
      is holding a weekend full of workshops and clay fun next year at
      Loughborough University. This will be our fourth residential event
      and the dates are 4/6 April 2003. The cost for accommodation and
      workshops will be approximately £170. Our previous weekends have been
      great fun and there are lots of Shelley's photos from 2001 in the
      files.

      If anyone is interested in teaching one or more classes please
      contact me off-list for more information. Our members are interested
      in all aspects of claying.

      Application forms and full details will be sent to all members with
      the Christmas newsletter and I'll post more information here when I
      have it.

      Best wishes,

      Alison Gallant,
      Treasurer BPCG.
    • tismeshelley
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 9, 2002
        Now how come this announcement hasn't sparked of tons of, 'oohs, and
        ahh's' and 'I wanna come' sort of responses!!

        So anyone out there intending to go? Any Euros I can convince to join
        us?

        The last two that I attended were absolutely great. I don't get a
        chance to clay with anyone, or communicate with anyone in 'real' life
        about clay, so I just lived on adrenalin for the whole time I was
        there (too excited to sleep, not even the wine knocked me out!)

        So who wants to go?

        Shelley
        http://www.shelleym.co.uk
      • Helene Grove
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 9, 2002
          Hi Shelley,
          You are right. That's not really nice. I can only speak for myself, when I
          say, I'm sorry for not being more enthusiastic.
          I would love to go, but money will allways be an issue, and I couldn't say
          if I'll be able to go yet. That's mostly why I haven't said anything.

          I know a lot of people must be on holiday, and I hope they'll tell us what
          they think later on.

          Hope everuthing is great uin your part of the world. We in denmark, that's
          Evelyn and myself, have attended the first day of a large craft show today,
          and with 30 degrees C outside, we had an average of 1 person pr. hour. We
          are hoping for rain tomorrow, as we believe more people will come to see us.

          Hugs to all
          Helene

          www.hgdesign.dk

          Now how come this announcement hasn't sparked of tons of, 'oohs, and
          ahh's' and 'I wanna come' sort of responses!!

          So anyone out there intending to go? Any Euros I can convince to join
          us?

          The last two that I attended were absolutely great. I don't get a
          chance to clay with anyone, or communicate with anyone in 'real' life
          about clay, so I just lived on adrenalin for the whole time I was
          there (too excited to sleep, not even the wine knocked me out!)

          So who wants to go?

          Shelley
          http://www.shelleym.co.uk

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 10, 2002
            Hi there Helene, I'm sorry that you wont be able to make it to Polydays.
            Also extremely sorry about your craft show. If it had been absolutely
            fantastic for you perhaps you could have put some of the money towards
            coming to polydays!! I wondered where all the nice weather had gone, we've
            had sunshine and showers (with the emphasis on the showers). I'll try and
            send you some of the showers to help you out with your craft show, so long
            as you send them back for my next one!

          • Helene Grove
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 10, 2002
              Hi Shelley,
              Thanks for those nice thoughts, they are received with gratitude. I'm seeing
              clear blue skies and sunshine today too, but I'm hoping for thunderstorms.
              That's how nice I am... ;-)

              That would be one of my priorities for my profits from this show, if I were
              to have any. The polydays will stay on top of my wishlist, but I think I'll
              need the intervention of a fairygodmother, then again, you never know, you
              know?

              Well, off to pack the last stuff and wishing for bad weather over here...

              Hugs
              Helene

              www.hgdesign.dk

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 10, 2002
                Hello Helene,

                You really are welcome to our rain - if you can get it re-directed -
                my poor tomato plants are in great need of a little sunshine - the
                problem is that my PC shuts down when it gets too hot!

                I once complained about our bad weather to a man I met from Oslo who
                said 'Do you know what we do in Norway when it rains? - We let it!'

                Good luck with the show, Alan

                We in denmark, that's
                > Evelyn and myself, have attended the first day of a large craft
                show today,
                > and with 30 degrees C outside, we had an average of 1 person pr.
                hour. We
                > are hoping for rain tomorrow, as we believe more people will come
                to see us.

                > Hugs to all
                > Helene
                >
                > www.hgdesign.dk
              • teasesorceress
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11, 2002
                  Well I wrote to you and to Alison but i didn't get anything back
                  yet ;) Maybe teaching a dragon???

                  hugss Ria
                  Oh YEs Shelley I wanna come!!!!!!
                  --- In UKPolyClay@y..., "tismeshelley" <shelleymcloughlin@b...>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2002
                    Ria, Alison apparently has been away and busy for a few days, but says she's
                    now back and e-mailed you with details.

                    Shelley
                    http://www.shelleym.co.uk
                  • teasesorceress
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2002
                      --- In UKPolyClay@y..., "ShelleyM" <shelleymcloughlin@b...> wrote:
                      > Ria, Alison apparently has been away and busy for a few days, but
                      says she's
                      > now back and e-mailed you with details.
                      >
                      > Shelley
                      > http://www.shelleym.co.uk

                      Thanks Shelley i got the info and now i need some guts to go with
                      it ;) LOL

                      hugs and thanks so much!!
                      Ria
                      www.dragonmagic.nl
                    • evelynrulffs
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 15, 2002
                        Hi!

                        I'm glad to hear that there is going to be a new PolyDays in 2003,
                        and I really plan to go there. As Helene wrote, it's quite expensive,
                        since we have to travel by plane to get to the U.K. By the way, where
                        is Loughborough University? Just give me a name of a large city, so I
                        can see it on a map ;-)

                        I have put the event in my callendar, and start making my savings :-)
                        As Helene wrote, we have been on our first craft show last week. It
                        was HARD!!! I didn't sell too much, but what I sold, I sold to
                        Germans and a single Norwegian. Definitely have to go for the
                        tourists!! The Danes are quite conservative (it has to be sterling
                        silver - and please with a famous danish jewellery artist - no
                        newbies please). No, to be honest, manybe my stuff was to pricy,
                        maybe I didn't sell "myself" good enough, or maybe the stuff just
                        wasn't good enough... This is a learning process, and I feel I have
                        learned a lot, and are not going to surrender ;-)

                        I'll put some pictures up of my newest stuff, during this week!

                        -evelyn
                        http://www.evelynrulffsdesign.onlinesalg.dk
                        http://www.rulffs.com

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 15, 2002
                          Hi Evelyn

                          I'm so glad you plan to come over! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
                          Loughborough University is in the town of Loughborough in Leicestershire.
                          Sort of between Nottingham and Leicester. I've still got the campus brochure
                          from last time and on the back it says it's 8 miles from East Midlands
                          Airport. I will most likely travel to London by train and then go from
                          London to Loughborough again by train. The train goes direct from London
                          Kings Cross St Pancras to Loughborough and the journey is about 90 minutes.

                          I just found http://www.lboro.ac.uk/ - all about the university. There's
                          even a campus guide there.
                          http://www.lboro.ac.uk/prospectus/international.html#surrounding shows you
                          were it is in relation to the rest of the UK. I believe Alison said they
                          have booked the 'Butler Court' for the sleeping accommodation - (click on
                          'east park' on the map. The workshop rooms will be in the Herbert Manzoni
                          lecture theatres (click on central park on the map). There's gonna be a bit
                          of walking involved!

                          That bit of info is just to get you in the mood and all excited!!

                          Don't give up on the fairs. You have to find which ones are good for you
                          (I'm still learning) and which ones aren't. Just don't sell yourself short.

                          Shelley
                          http://www.shelleym.co.uk
                        • evelynrulffs
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 16, 2002
                            Hi Shelley!

                            I really want to go to the U.K. I fact I like your country a lot
                            (this is not a try to be nice), but there are such a lot of beautiful
                            places, and all the times I've been there, people have been very
                            polite. So I would come both for the clay and the country ;-)