Re: where's people?

  • tismeshelley
    Message 1 of 10 , May 14, 2002
      Seeing as I asked the question, it's only right that I should also
      tell everyone what I'm up to!! Heeehee, can't keep me quiet for long.

      BTW Margaret, don't you DARE close this list!!! It may be quiet, but
      still worth having. It's THE only poly clay UK one about, and I
      personally think that even if it's quiet, at least it is somewhere I
      can ask or relate to what's going on elsewhere in the world other
      than the US. It's great when people are trying to find the equivalent
      of 'Future' or local whatever's. Not that I'm saying that the US ones
      aren't also great, but it's no good asking where can I get 'Future'
      or 'Fimo Soft' when the response is to go to your local Walmart! - if
      you really don't want to do it anymore let me know.

      Meanwhile - as for ME - I live just outside Poole in sunny Dorset
      (haha, it's pouring with rain at the moment), by the coast. I'm a
      mother of 2 - not quite such young ones anymore (19 and 14, but both
      still at school), and as they get older I find I can clay more. One
      of these days I'm gonna surprise everyone by having my own little
      craft/gift shop (in my dreams!) Meanwhile I clay/make jewellery and
      sell locally at craft fairs and supply a couple of local shops with
      my goodies too. Keeps me out of mischief, I work hard for what I get
      out of it monetary wise, but just about keep the level below which
      I'd have to start paying taxes.

      As to what I'm actually doing at the moment. Being very naughty and
      not enthused to work lately so I'm not doing much. I have a lot of
      stock at present so I'm not worried about that at the moment. But my
      daughter has been ill so I'm too pre-occupied with her to worry about
      claying at the moment. I can talk about clay, read about it, but
      can't physically/mentally get down to it at the moment. Oh well.
      Hopefully my daughter will be more 'sorted' in a few weeks and I'll
      be able to concentrate more then.

      Meanwhile keep all your fingers crossed for her, she has Crohn's
      disease and has to have a Colonoscopy and a biopsy this Thursday
      (basically they'll stick a camera up her and take out a bit to
      examine - now that's more info than anyone wanted!) So if I'm not
      about much you'll all know why. But we could both do with all your
      good wishes and vibes being sent our way.

      My Thursday morning chat at Polymer Clay Central is being cancelled
      this week. But hopefully back to normal next week.

      TTFN
    • evelynrulffs
      Message 2 of 10 , May 15, 2002
        Hi Shelley!

        I will send my best wishes / and good vibrations for your daughter!!
        It's so painfull when your loved ones are not OK! I have a daughter,
        Isabella, whose almost 9 years old, so I understand your worries..

        And about not beeing ON all the time, I think that's a part of the
        creative process. I'm very on/off myself.

        -evelyn
        http://www.geocities.com/evelynspoly/

      • evelynrulffs
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22, 2002
          Hi!

          I sent an introduction of myself som time ago, but here it comes
          again :-)

          -evelyn
          http://www.evelynrulffsdesign.onlinesalg.dk