Hi Everyone

  • aber13us
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2002
      Well I am getting a bit better LOL, today I have tried some pieaces
      in my motor home oven (gas), it seems better than my electric oven, I
      have put them in the fridge to harden is this wrong or okay. Does any
      one ever go to the chat room, I can go there any time from 11am until
      about 1am UK time would love to chat to someone. Will let you know
      how my bits tun out this time. (fingers crossed).

      Barbara
    • tismeshelley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2002
        Barbara

        Not sure why exactly you feel the fridge is necessary. You only
        really need to put things in the fridge if your work is getting too
        soft. I'm not a sculptor but I should imagine if you work on things
        for a while it could get soft and you may need to stick it in the
        fridge to firm it up a bit before continuing to work on the same
        piece.

        As someone who canes - I stick a cane in the fridge or freezer to let
        it go nice and firm/hard before I slice it, that way it doesn't
        squish down so much when I slice through or pierce to make beads.

        I don't tend to go the chat room here. But there are quite a few
        chats that go on at polymer clay central. I host a Thursday morning
        one from 8-9am UK time. Otherwise you could always open a chat there
        and announce on the board that you've opened one and invite other
        clayers to join you. http://forums.delphiforums.com/polymerclay/start
        to go to the notice board.

        Might see you there some time!

        Shelley