Polydays

  • Alison Gallant
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2001
      Dear Iris,

      Thank you very much for your kind comments. The
      weekend took a lot of planning but we all enjoyed it
      and are looking forward to 2003. Hope to see you
      there!

      Alison.

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 7, 2005
        Anyone here other than Margaret and I who are going to be going to Polydays?

      • Iris Boughton
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 16, 2005
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 7 4:02 AM
            Hello Iris, Shelley and anyone else who came to Polydays!

            I have had so many lovely messages about Polydays and am trying to
            answer them all. We had more students than at previous events and
            most
            people seemed very happy. Some even want to come for a week next
            time!
            Our guests, Dan Cormier and Tracy Holmes (and of course Griffin),
            were
            a huge hit and we had students travelling from California, Spain,
            Germany and the south of France to take their workshops.

            I know I said 'Never again!' but two people have offered to help next
            time so it looks as if Polydays 2007 will happen. It's the Guild's
            10th
            anniversary that year so it should be a special event.

            I would like to thank you all for the lovely flowers and wine I
            received yesterday and, most importantly, for supporting Polydays
            either as a student or tutor.

            Alison.
          • LINDA PETERSON
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 7 7:04 AM
              Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in the US. Thanks!
              Creatively,

              Linda Peterson
              Linda Peterson Designs
              Designer/Consultant

              Visit me on the web at:
              www.lindapetersondesigns.com

            • Shelley
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 7 7:31 AM
                Hi Linda - unfortunately you've just missed Polydays itself. The next
                one wont be for at least another 2 years. Although there are now more
                regional workshops planned. For more information on the British Guild

                run claying events visit their website (of which I'm the webmistress,
                so you can always complain to me if you have any gripes!). It's
                http://www.bpcg.org.uk When I eventually get my head together I'll
                be
                adding photos and a write up about it on the website.

                -->
                > Is there a website that I can get information on PolyDays? Im in
                the US. Thanks!
                > Creatively,>
                > Linda Peterson
              • Shelley
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 9 7:01 AM
                  Alison - I think this time round we seemed to have the largest
                  international group we've ever had. We just needed Petra from New
                  Zealand to be here a bit earlier to join us! I'm so glad you've got
                  some volunteers for next time. It can't be easy doing it all more or
                  less on your own. And as you say if it's the guild's 10th anniversary,
                  we can't NOT have it!!!

                  Dan, Tracy & Griffin were definitely a hit. And I'm not even a baby
                  person! Their classes were definitely about the best I've taken.
                  Especially the all day class on the Saturday.

                  Glad you liked the flowers and wine, you deserve it after all your
                  hard work. Now you can relax a bit - I hope!

                  Take care
                • Alison Gallant
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 11 7:47 AM
                    Hi Shelley,

                    Yes, it would have been good if Petra could have come
                    to the UK a few weeks early to be at Polydays. Maybe
                    next time. As you know she is doing a workshop on her
                    flower pendants for the Midlands group on May 8th and
                    I hope to see her there. Now that you are such a
                    confident driver is there any chance you might make
                    it? The journey would only take four hours!!

                    Best wishes,

                    Alison.
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 12 6:32 AM
                      Alison - I'd love to get there to meet her and take the class but finances
                      prevent I'm afraid! I only managed to drive the Gloucester trip cos I stayed
                      an extra night each side of the workshops - but accommodation etc adds to
                      expenses just a tad! I'm not like you and can do a 4 hour journey at a
                      moments notice - wish I could.

                      Oh well, Petra says she will be travelling about all over the place with her
                      sister and we are still hopeful we might get to meet up. On one of her
                      previous visits to the UK she came to Poole (tried to visit Poole pottery)
                      but I didn't know she was over, and she didn't tell me she was going to
                      Poole!! We were both kicking ourselves afterwards.

                      Now back to being creative I suppose - I have wayyyy too many fairs and
                      house parties coming up shortly. Then of course it'll all go flat again for
                      several weeks I expect!