Let me introduce myself...

  • baron@vr.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 6:53 AM
      Hello everyone,
      I just found you on the net (via another group) and joined
      yesterday. I haven't been on many lists and decided to branch
      out a little!

      I actually *know* Margaret and have met her in person! We "roomed"
      together at Ravensdale 2000 last year. I will also be having her as
      my houseguest this summer. I just hope we can find enough to keep us
      busy--Dayton, Ohio is not exactly New York City!

      I've been working with polymer clay since late 1997 and still
      consider myself a dabbler as I haven't really found my "niche". I
      love to learn new things and then play with them. I started out by
      participating in swaps (before PCC went to Delphi) and that's what
      got me inerested and kept me going. I even did a Fimo color mixing
      swap---that was work intensive but I have lots of color strands from
      all the swappers so it was worth it.

      Last year, several of us pc'ers discovered that we live in
      the same area so we got together and started meeting informally in
      the basement of one lady's house. We have now formally started a
      guild and are meeting monthly at a public library. Our first
      workshop was in February this year and we had Petra from New Zealand
      as our instructor. What a coup for us! (She was a "captive"
      visiting at my home at the time--right after she visited with
      Margaret!) This summer, our guild will have a booth at the Dayton
      City Folks Festival (this is a celebration of American folk music,
      different cultures which contributed to our heritage, etc) so we will
      have a chance to show and sell our work and have folks learn about
      our guild and PC. One of our members (Anita Behnen) just had a book
      published by HOTP called Playful Clay Creations with Shelly Comiskey--
      she will definitely be demoing at the booth.

      Sorry to be so long winded! And now I will go back to
      lurking...something I do well! Glad to meet
      you all!

      Jan
    • LBS337
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26 2:12 PM
        Welcome Jan, glad to see another US resident on this list. I also belong to
        the www.MSATPolyClay list and hope to get to meet the Hostess from this list
        next month. There is a Guild, here in Houston, TX, but I have not join them
        yet. I am mostly into 1/12 miniatures, and now doll sculpting is what I am
        trying to learn.
        Have you got a site where your work is on display? would love to see it if
        so.

        | : >} Luv, lenora
        "Life can be hard by the yard, but a cinch when taken by the inch."
      • baron@vr.net
        Message 3 of 3 , May 18, 2001
          --- In UKPolyClay@y..., "LBS337" <LBS337@m...> wrote:
          > Welcome Jan, glad to see another US resident on this list.
          > Have you got a site where your work is on display? would love to
          see it if so.

          > | : >} Luv, lenora

          Hi Lenora,
          Happy to "meet" you! No, I don't have a website...I need to learn how
          to do that. I bought 2 books on HTML and website building in
          February when Petra (from New Zealand) was here. She also got me
          started by using a page from her site to let me build from. The only
          trouble is..I can't find where she put it on my computer!! Oh well,
          I'll find it eventually. I need to read the books first, I guess.

          When I finally take that plunge, I'll be sure to let you know!

          Happy claying,
          Jan