RE: Trip to Poole

  • Shelley McLoughlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2001
      Petra

      Poole pottery is not closing, just moving. But it's a big move. I think the
      idea is to try and get a bigger site. I'm not sure exactly, but I think the
      shop will remain but is being re-built and the main pottery making site will
      be moving to another part of Poole. They are one of the biggest tourist
      attractions in town and are expanding. Not only have they outgrown their
      present site, but in the summer with the kilns going it is unbearably hot in
      the shop as it's within the pottery making complex. Hopefully things will be
      better in the long run. There are a lot of people who make trips like you
      did, especially because they collect Poole Pottery. I have been on the Poole
      pottery tour, and while it was interesting to see how they do the designs,
      and make the pieces it was not actually as good as it could have been.
      Perhaps that will be better too.

      It's just a pity we didn't get to meet up!

      http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1272902&f=0