2347Loving Colour

  • Creatively Belle
    Feb 10, 2008
      Something my arts and crafts has given me is a love for Colour - all sorts
      of colors. So as a birthday present I was given the Victoria Finlay book
      "Colour" and I'm loving it.

      I'm only into the first 20 pages and there's already stories about how the
      putting of paint into tubes was a technical achievement that resulted in the
      Impressionist painters having the freedom to paint their impressions of
      nature in nature.

      It got me thinking of how something that we take as being so very simple and
      everyday was once so revolutionary for the art and then crafts that is
      created a whole new way of perceiving not only landscapes but color, shaped,
      design and even social structures. I think that's amazing!

      I only knew about "Colour" because I'd read and loved "Jewels, A Secret
      History" - a book about gem stones that I really recommend too.

      Do enjoy and dive into colour!

      All the best,
      Belinda

      Creatively Belle
      <http://www.creativelybelle.com/designm>
      http://www.creativelybelle.com/design - JEWELRY DISPLAY STANDS and handmade
      beaded JEWELRY. While you're there join our newsletter club to WIN $50 Gift
      Voucher for our online jewelry store!