2023Re: Alan, what did you do with the eggs?

  • Katherine Dewey
    Jun 10, 2004
      I certainly like the shades, but know you can create a better base,
      something in the arts and crafts style. Have you considered a base
      done in black and highlighted with bronze powders, a base with bark
      like texture? That's easily done by scraping crumpled tin foil along
      its length. Brush down with alcohol to make it appear smoother, and
      then apply the leaves and powder.

      --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Vernall" <alanjv@l...> wrote:
      > Hi Kat,
      > Thank you for asking - but I'm sorry to disappoint you for the
      > moment, but as soon as I saw them, my respect for the ostrich was
      > changed to such a degree (my respect level kept swinging between
      > very, very impressed because they lay such e-blinking-normous eggs,
      > to not impressed at all for exactly the same reason!)
      > I've had one of them alongside me since they arrived hoping to get
      > some idea worthy of their usage. Up to now I've made sure I've
      > a small ammount of all the canes I've made and I hope to make a
      > giant 'conversation egg' (a patchwork of canework all over it)
      > Rest assured, I shall use them, and when I do, I'll definitely show
      > them off!
      > In the meantime, I'm concentrating on very small polyclay Tiffany
      > style 'stained glass' lamps which really light up (batteries in
      > bases and white LEDs under their shades). Like this....
      > http://tinyurl.com/2sjoz
      > I'll be back!
      > --- In UKPolyClay@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine Dewey" <kadewey@e...>
      > wrote:
      > > The subject line says it all, Alan -- What clever concept did you
      > > apply to the ostritch eggs? I've been looking forward to seeing
      > the
      > > ideas you explored.
      > >

      > > Katherine Dewey
      > > Http://www.elvenwork.com