1942RE:new starter

    Jan 5, 2004
      _____> I would like to start using polymer clay as a new hobby in the new
      > year. Is there such a thing as a starter pack? something to try
      > before spending a load of money on tools?

      The alternative to buying separate blocks of Premo as Tania suggested, and
      depending where you are (difficult to get Premo in the UK), is buying a
      starter set of fimo soft. You can get both fimo classic and fimo soft
      starter sets I believe. Although I still use mainly fimo classic, I am very
      careful where I get it and 'test' it first. It can be exceedingly hard if
      not stored correctly or if it is very old. And there is nothing worse than
      hard fimo to put someone off from getting very far with polymer clay. Fimo
      soft is a lot softer and better bet for beginners (but has an odd feel IMO -
      probably because I'm now used to fimo classic). Fimo soft mixed packs come
      with half blocks of clay so you get a nice variety of different colours for
      your money.

      Do follow Tan's advise and take a look at some of the projects that are out
      there, or take a trip to Polymer Clay Central.

      Hope that helps a bit, just holla if ya need any more help.