Re Ben Vrackie and photos

  • martin roome
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi all
      Will be going north this w/e and hope to get to vrackie if time permits; doe anyone have details of where to see Alpine Milk-vetch on this hill?
      Also would like to put up a couple of photos for group to look at ( dont panic, i know what they are) just for comments; how do i do this; do i email them to this address or is it different.
      Cheers
      Martin

    • Frank Hunt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
        I havn't had time to check my records, so this is from memory (after quite a few
        years). I recall that it is easy to find Alpine Milkvetch (Astragalus alpinus) even
        if it is not flowering. When ascending from Moulin the path for the summit
        diverges to the right about 500m beyond the loch. Instead of following the path
        head straight towards the summit. The milkvetch and other interesting plants
        grow on the steep ground below the summit, mostly on areas with black soil
        derived from decomposed rock. Looking at the map I guess this would be
        around NN951631.
        Frank

        > Hi all
        > Will be going north this w/e and hope to get to vrackie if time permits; doe anyone have details of where to see Alpine Milk-vetch on this hill?
        > Also would like to put up a couple of photos for group to look at ( dont panic, i know what they are) just for comments; how do i do this; do i email them to this address or is it different.
        > Cheers
        > Martin

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Frank Hunt | Frank.Hunt@...
        Unix Systems Support |
        University Offices |
        University of Oxford |
        Wellington Square | Tel: +44 (0)1865 270072
        Oxford OX1 2JD | Fax: +44 (0)1865 270708
      • martin roome
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
          Frank
          Many thanks for info received
          I havn't had time to check my records, so this is from memory (after quite a few
          years). I recall that it is easy to find Alpine Milkvetch (Astragalus alpinus) even
          if it is not flowering. When ascending from Moulin the path for the summit
          diverges to the right about 500m beyond the loch. Instead of following the path
          head straight towards the summit. The milkvetch and other interesting plants
          grow on the steep ground below the summit, mostly on areas with black soil
          derived from decomposed rock. Looking at the map I guess this would be
          around NN951631.
          Frank

          > Hi all
          > Will be going north this w/e and hope to get to vrackie if time permits; doe anyone have details of where to see Alpine Milk-vetch on this hill?
          > Also would like to put up a couple of photos for group to look at ( dont panic, i know what they are) just for comments; how do i do this; do i email them to this address or is it different.
          > Cheers
          > Martin

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Frank Hunt | Frank.Hunt@...
          Unix Systems Support |
          University Offices |
          University of Oxford |
          Wellington Square | Tel: +44 (0)1865 270072
          Oxford OX1 2JD | Fax: +44 (0)1865 270708

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor