UK choral blogger talks about Natural Voice choirs

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2008
      Chris Rowbury has been writing a most interesting choral blog for
      awhile now and I find his latest post on Natural Voice choirs and the
      use of musical jargon most interesting:-

      "Unlike many ‘traditional’ classical or church choirs, Natural Voice
      choirs hardly ever use written scores, nor do we expect participants
      in our workshops to have had a musical education. Since we want access
      to music to be as wide as possible, we don’t assume any particular
      expertise or prior knowledge or training from our workshop or choir
      participants. Hence we most often teach songs by ear in the age-old
      traditional manner, and hardly ever use any musical jargon."

      Read the rest of the post and his blog called "From The Front of the
      Choir" here:-

      http://singing-thoughts.blogspot.com/

      John Neal
      http://www.acappellanews.com