Music notation software with voice synth

  • lindamjuk2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
      Has anyone successfully used a music notation programme with voice
      synth? Vocaloid 2 Prima has recently been released and the demo is
      impressive although I'm informed Vocaloid 1 is not very user-friendly.
    • digbyt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2008

        --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "lindamjuk2000" <Linda@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone successfully used a music notation programme with voice
        > synth? Vocaloid 2 Prima has recently been released and the demo is
        > impressive although I'm informed Vocaloid 1 is not very user-friendly.

        Linda

        I've been using Melody Assistant combined with Virtual Singer for some years - try http://www.myriad-online.com/en/index.htm  . It's shareware so you can download a free sample but this only has limited functionality.

        Tom Digby

        Just A Cappella (www.justacappella.org.uk)

      • lindamjuk2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2008
          Thanks for your message. I already have Virtual Singer and am hoping
          to get to grips with learning how to achieve the best sound. Before
          investing a huge amount of time I was wondering if anyone could
          recommend other voice synth programmes. Do you use the standard
          voices for VS? Or have you managed to record your own on Real Singer?
          Linda

          --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "digbyt" <tomdigby@...> wrote:

          > --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "lindamjuk2000" <Linda@>
          wrote:

          > > Has anyone successfully used a music notation programme with
          voice
          > > synth? Vocaloid 2 Prima has recently been released and the demo
          is
          > > impressive although I'm informed Vocaloid 1 is not very user-
          friendly.

          > Linda
          >
          > I've been using Melody Assistant combined with Virtual Singer for
          some
          > years - try http://www.myriad-online.com/en/index.htm
          > <http://www.myriad-online.com/en/index.htm> . It's shareware so
          you
          > can download a free sample but this only has limited functionality.
          >
          > Tom Digby
          >
          > Just A Cappella (www.justacappella.org.uk
          > <http://www.justacappella.org.uk> )

          Hi Tom
        • digbyt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 21, 2008
            Linda

            We stick to the standard dalek type voices in VS- but you can adjust the
            accent, eg between British and American, and you can play around with
            voice tones between men and women.

            Tom Digby

            Just A Cappella