An invitation to perform in the US

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      The Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Festival will be presenting its
      24th annual events in 2008 and are seeking vocal harmony groups who
      would like to perform in one of our concerts. Organized as a
      competition, the winners of each of the 8 regional contests are flown
      to San Francisco to compete in the National Finals to be held on May 8.

      We would like to invite any interested a cappella groups from outside
      of the US to submit an application to our Festival. Groups of all
      styles are welcome with the only criteria being that there must be no
      more than 8 singers.

      There is lots of interest in a cappella music in the US and there are
      thousands of groups performing regularly across the country. Like in
      all the music business it’s always tough to gain initial exposure for
      your a cappella group and is especially difficult for groups from
      overseas. The Festival is a great opportunity for you to sing to a
      whole new audience, to gain new fans, have fun and to meet other vocal
      harmony singers. Although a competition the event is always very
      friendly and hospitable with some of the most enthusiastic audiences
      an a cappella group could ever wish to perform for.

      Please note that we cannot provide any transportation or accommodation
      to the regional events. If you were to win that regional then we would
      pay the equivalent of the round trip airfare from the city where you
      won to San Francisco plus two nights accommodations.

      We have had several overseas participants over the years including the
      2003 National Champions The Idea of North from Australia and we are
      always interested in hearing groups from other places.

      More info on the web site:-
      THE HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES A CAPPELLA FESTIVAL
      http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com

      John Neal