Re: Vox Concordia now on YouTube

  • Garry
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2007
      Checked out the This Morning clip (I take it that's the theme tune? I
      don't watch that programme)

      Very good! Will be checking out this group further. Thanks for the info.
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2007
        --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dottydog1uk@...> wrote:

        > The vocalising of the ITV This Morning theme is great. I get my
        > students to write a short A Cappella piece and when I say 'anything is
        > possible', we've had everything from The Flintstones theme to a setting
        > of a poem by Hardy, they look at me like I'm mad. They usually start to
        > come round once I've played them a bit of Take 6 etc but that
        > arrangement is really good fun.

        It was a blast doing it - although we didn't have long to put it
        together - it was the only way they would allow us to sing on the show
        - if we did the theme tune (which none of us knew, as we had never
        actually watched the show before!!) However there was a spare room and
        a CD with player lying around, and it is thankfully not that
        complicated, so a quich 4 part arrangement was born! And as you told
        your students - Anything is possible - although it's just as well we
        weren't appearing on News at 10 - that would have stretched us a bit!!
        Thanks for your kind words - I'll be sure to pass them on to the group.