Re: [UK-acappella] Barbershop Sheet music

  • Kathy Szeputi
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
      Jenny

      I am a member of Crystal Chords, a women's barbershop chorus in Manchester. I believe we sing the music you are referring to and it's called 'Love medley' in our repertoire. Look on LABBS (Ladies Association of Barbershop Singers) web site or for the song title. There are a number of web sites now whereby you can listen before you buy. maybe you'll also find a version of Brabara Ann - most songs have more than one arrangement to choose from.

      Good luck, hope this helps.

      Kathy

      jennyreeves25 <jennyreeves25@...> wrote:
      Does anyone know where I can get hold of the sheet music for ladies of
      "Ya Gotta Know How To Love" please? Heard it sung and really love it.
      Also looking for sheet music for ladies of "Barbara Ann".

    • vocalharmonie
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "jennyreeves25"
        <jennyreeves25@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can get hold of the sheet music for ladies of
        > "Ya Gotta Know How To Love" please? Heard it sung and really love it.
        > Also looking for sheet music for ladies of "Barbara Ann".

        You will find "Ya Gotta Know How To Love" at Sweet Adelines -
        www.sweetadelineintl.org But i'm not sure about 'Barbara Ann' you can
        also buy sheet music on line from LABBS. Hope this helps best wishes
        Dawn
      • enquiries@wessexcorndollies.co.uk
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
          Jenny
          Wesex Harmony sang this at the recent LABBS Convention held in Bournemouth -
          it was actually called the 'Love Medley' and Ya Gotta Know How to Love is part
          of that - if that helps. We bought the arrangement from Nancy Bergman who is a
          Sweet Adelines barbershop arranger. I can't remember how much it cost now -
          but you pay for the arrangment plus any per copy fees - usually $1 per copy.
          Nancy does have a website -I've emailed her in the past and she does respond
          quite quickly.

          Also if you go on the LABBS website - under Music - there is a section of all
          songs used in competitions/shows etc under 'copyright info' and it lists
          arrangers of various songs.

          Hope this helps. Best of luck.

          Cathy Ball
          Assistant Director