ABBA singing weekend, Derbyshire, November 9 - 11

  • singingman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      ABBAcappella — residential weekend
      with Chris Rowbury

      Friday 9 November 6pm to Sunday 11 November 2pm

      The Nightingale Centre
      Great Hucklow
      Buxton SK17 8RH
      Derbyshire

      Cost: £190 (single or twin, shared bathroom)

      Contact Chris for more information (chris@...) or download a booking form here:

      http://chrisrowbury.com/nightingale_booking_form.pdf

      Learn some of ABBA's best-loved songs, all specially arranged for voice

      only. Come and sing your heart out and bathe in the glorious harmonies
      of Sweden's most famous pop group.

      Despite 'only' being pop songs, ABBA's repertoire is fantastically

      rich, varied and relatively complex, offering a challenging and
      rewarding weekend of learning and singing.

      The Nightingale Centre is set in the heart of the Derbyshire Peaks.

      Although less than an hour from Greater Manchester or Sheffield, the
      Centre's quiet village setting is just the place to get away from it
      all. Cosy, fully centrally heated throughout with open fires in the
      lounge and library, the Centre also prides itself on its excellent home
      cooking.

      The weekend includes all meals (locally sourced food), tuition and tea/

      coffee breaks.

      In this relaxed and informal workshop you will learn well-known ABBA

      songs such as I have a dream, Chiquitita, Dancing Queen, When
      all is said and done
      , and more. All songs have been arranged
      especially for voice only and will be sung in harmony without
      instruments or backing tracks. Some harmony singing experience is
      advisable, but all songs will be taught by ear.

      You'll be amazed at the sound we create together and a recording of the

      workshop will be made available free afterwards to remind you of the
      weekend.

      Chris Rowbury has 30 years' experience as a patient, charismatic teacher

      with a relaxed style laced with plenty of humour. He will get you
      singing in wonderful harmony in a matter of minutes!

      Chris is a member of the Natural Voice Practitioners' Network  and shares their ethos:

      "We believe that singing is everyone's birthright and we are committed to teaching
      styles that are accepting and inclusive of all, regardless of musical experience and ability".

      COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS RESIDENTIAL WEEKENDS:

      "Thank you so much for the weekend. You created such a relaxed
      atmosphere that this 'nervous singer' didn't experience a single second
      of anxiety. I'm hooked!"

      "This is the fifth course I've been on with Chris and it was great as

      usual. It's miraculous how it all comes together on the Sunday morning!"

      "Thanks for another great weekend. I always find it miraculous how much

      we achieve in such a short time. You create a great atmosphere, and as
      usual, it was fantastic team work. Really inspirational."

       "This has been a really fantastic weekend. All of the songs and
      exercises we have done have been wonderfully considered and I feel that
      I have done things I didn't think I would be able to do. A great
      confidence boost and I will certainly go away and recommend a weekend
      like this to anyone!"

      Website: chrisrowbury.com

      Facebook: ChrisRowbury

      Twitter: @chrisrowbury