Two amazing events from Sing a Cappella!

  • Ian @ Singacappella
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2012

      Dear {name},

      Two amazing events from Sing a Cappella!

      Sing a Cappella! is committed to bringing you the UK's best coaching and singing talent. We're tremendously excited to announce two new workshops where you can meet and learn from some of the biggest names in UK a cappella.

      Sunday 28th October - Jonathan Rathbone

      Jonathan Rathbone is a hugely experienced freelance director, composer, arranger, orchestrator, educator and occasional music copyist. He first learned to sing as a chorister in Coventry Cathedral and later as a choral scholar in Christ's College, Cambridge. He then went on to study composition at the Royal College of Music after which he joined the Swingle Singers in 1984. During his twelve years with them (eight of them as their Musical Director) he helped to develop their sound with some remarkable a cappella arragements - many of which are now published and sung by a cappella choirs throughout the world.

      He is now an in house composer for music publishers Peters Edition and conducts numerous choirs in North London. He is much in demand in Europe, the USA and the UK as a freelance choral director, arranger and workshop leader. A natural communicator, Jonathan leads workshops covering subjects ranging from close harmony singing, improvisation, choral conducting, vocal arranging to choral techniques. When not conducting and composing Jonathan enjoys walking, cycling, water colours, rioja, sudoku and Count Arthur Strong.

      Jonathan Rathbone workshop details

      When?

      Sunday 28th October 2012 from 10:30am to 3:30pm followed by tea and Annual General Meeting

      Where?

      The Old Dining Hall, Berkhamsted School, Kings Campus, Kings Road, Berkhamsted, Herts, HP4 3BG

      How?

      Workshop for both groups and individual singers. Focus to be on improving singing techniques, performance and song interpretation through the learning and performing of a group song for the day. This will be one of Jonathan's own arrangements and teach tracks will be available in advance.

      How much?

      £20 for members of Sing a Cappella!

      £25 for non-members

      Who?

      Jonathan Rathbone,http://www.jonathanrathbone.co.uk

      Note:

      Please bring a packed lunch to the workshop. Tea, coffee and water will be available on the day.

      Book tickets:

      April 28th 2013 - The Magnets

      The Magnets are one of the UK's most successful a cappella groups. They formed out of a production of Guys and Dolls at University College London in the late 1990s after which they were signed to EMI records in 2000 and released their debut album "Giving it all that" in the following year. The subsequent years saw them promoted as a boy band and touring with the likes of Tom Jones, Michael Ball and Geri Halliwell.

      Throwing off the boyband moniker in the mid-noughties the group built up a strong following and have subsequently toured the UK, Europe and Australia. Now they are highly regarded as a cappella singers, solo performers, arrangers, and genuinely nice guys. They are currently working on a new album which will showcase some of their own material as well as some more classic covers.

      The Magnets workshop details

      When?

      Sunday 28th April 2013

      Where?

      The Centenary Hall, Berkhamsted School, Kings Campus, Kings Road, Berkhamsted, Herts, HP4 3BG

      Note:

      This will be a full day festival and workshop ending with an exclusive concert by The Magnets. Further details will follow later in the year. Please put the date in your diaries now.

      We think that these will be two amazing days for singers. Could you help us share the news about it? Attached to this email is a flier for Jonathan Rathbone's event which can be printed off and circulated at meetings of your singing groups. If you are a user of social networking services like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ you will find buttons on each event's page on our website which enable you to easily share details of this event with your friends. Please do consider this - all our events receive tremendous feedback and approval from attendees and so we really want to spread the word as widely as possible. Thank you!

      Notice of our Annual General Meeting

      Following the workshop with Jonathan Rathbone on Sunday 28th October 2012 we will have our annual general meeting (at about 3:30pm). There are two vacant posts to fill at this meeting:

      • Public Relations and Marketing Officer
      • Special Events Coordinator

      Job descriptions and a copy of the constitution are available from Tom Digby, General Secretary, at tom@...

      NB All officers stand down at the AGM but other incumbents are willing to stand again for election.

      Your elected members for the 2011/2012 year have been:

      • Chairman: Jean Digby
      • General Secretary: Tom Digby
      • Treasurer: Bob Bissett
      • Membership Registrar: Angela Evans
      • Minutes Secretary: Angela Evans
      • Membership Development and Fundraising Officer: Belinda Magee
      • Special Events Co-ordinator: Cathy Davies
      • Web site Manager: Ian Tolley

      If you are the contact for a member group, please pass this on to your members. If you have any queries please contact me at info@.... Thanks!

      Yours in harmony
      Jean