Fuchsia is looking for a new Tenor and a Low Bass

  • fuchsiasingers
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2011

      We're looking for two new members to join Fuchsia as we begin an exciting new stage in our a cappella journey.

      We are looking for:

      • A tenor
      • A low bass, ideally someone who can also beatbox. This is a new role; Fuchsia is
expanding from five parts to six.

      We would love to hear from you if you are an experienced and versatile performer, comfortable with singing in different styles including jazz, groove/soul, and contemporary classical. We are looking for vocalists with strong sight reading ability, who are quick at learning new material, with excellent aural skills. The ability to improvise would be a plus. Experience of a cappella singing would be a significant bonus but isn't essential.

      You would be joining a group that has big ambitions. Fuchsia has already performed at some high profile venues: the Queen Elizabeth Hall Front Room, the Royal Festival Hall and Clore Ballroom, the Barbican Hall, the 606 Jazz Club and the National Theatre Studios.

      We recently had a monthly residency on the Free Stages at the Southbank Centre, working creatively with renowned vocal director Mary King, who describes Fuchsia as "a really talented a cappella choir with a strong and unique blend of voices. Fun, brave, talented – what more could you wish for in a vocal ensemble?!"

      From 2012 onwards we're planning to build on this promise and take Fuchsia to the next level artistically.

      We also carry out occasional session work and corporate functions, and our aim is for Fuchsia to get more work like this in the future.
Visit our website at www.fuchsiasingers.com to watch videos and hear clips of us.

      Find out more and apply

      To apply, please email info@... with your CV and a recording of yourself singing and/or beatboxing – preferably a video, although an audio clip would also be fine.

Deadline for applications: 23rd December 2011

      Auditions will be held in January 2012.

      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch withus at
info@...