Manchester A Capella

  • Kirk Northrop
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm looking to get involved in contemporary a capella in Manchester. I
      haven't sung for a few years - I had lessons as a child, but I'm not
      perfect now I'm an adult.

      Basically I'm just looking to get involved and have a bit of fun - has
      anyone any tips or ideas of groups or listings? I realise most will
      want auditions though, which is a concern.

      There seems precious little information on this out on the web, so
      I'll be greatful for anything!

      Thanks!

      Kirk
    • Jean Digby
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2007
        Hi Kirk

        We're a long way from Manchester (Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire) but are really one of the few UK genuine contemporary a cappella groups. I am the UK Ambassador to CASA (the Contemporary A Cappella Society of America) and I am trying to build a data base of contemporary a cappella groups in the UK so if you do get any more responses from groups more local to you, please put them in touch with me.

        Look us up on our web site at www.justacappella.org.uk
        Then if you're ever in our neck of the woods give me a call and come and visit us.

        Jean Digby
        Music Director and Chairman
        Just A Cappella
        (www.justacappella.org.uk)
        UK Ambassador to CASA
        I'm looking to get involved in contemporary a capella in Manchester. I
        haven't sung for a few years - I had lessons as a child, but I'm not
        perfect now I'm an adult.

        Basically I'm just looking to get involved and have a bit of fun - has
        anyone any tips or ideas of groups or listings? I realise most will
        want auditions though, which is a concern.

        There seems precious little information on this out on the web, so
        I'll be greatful for anything!

        Thanks!

        Kirk

        It has removed 2350 spam emails to date.
        Try SPAMfighter for free now!