A Cappella Workshop with Ben Parry, October 2nd in Watford

  • Ian @ Kitsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2011

      Dear All

      We wanted let you know about an opportunity this October to help your singing to the next level with internationally renowned conductor, singer and producer Ben Parry.

      If you've not come across Ben before let us introduce you! This former singer and Musical Director of the Swingle Singers has made over fifty CD recordings as conductor, singer and producer and his music is published by Peters Edition and Faber Music. He works regularly with young musicians as a director of the Eton Choral Courses and as the Director of Junior Academy at the Royal Academy of Music. He is also is co-Director of the professional choir London Voices, and has worked with Sir Paul McCartney on his new classic choral work, Ecce Cor Meum, as well as conducting and singing on the soundtracks of a number of major Hollywood films.

      Those of us who have worked with Ben before have been impressed by the breadth of his coaching expertise and his forensic ear. That's why we were delighted when he agreed to run a day's workshop in which we will explore:

      • improved singing techniques
      • song interpretation
      • vocal blend
      • tonal production
      • how to put the polish on a song

      Where and When?

      Sunday 2nd October 2011, 10am - 4pm

      The Clarendon Muse
      Watford Grammar School for Boys
      Rickmansworth Road
      Watford
      WD18 7JF.

      How can I book?

      You can book online via the www.singacappella.org web site. You can pay by Paypal, Credit Card or send a cheque through the post.

      How much does it cost?

      The workshop costs:

      • £20 for Sing a Cappella! members
      • £25 for non-members

      You can find out more about joining Sing a Cappella! (which only costs £5) by clicking the "Join" button on our website.

      Sing a cappella! is a non-profit-making voluntary organisation aiming to serve and inspire the UK contemporary a cappella community. We organise regular events and provide online resources to assist groups around the UK with their singing, promotion and management. www.singacappella.org