BBC Choir of the Year Category finalist Take Twenty is looking for a new MD

  • belinda_magee
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2011
      Take Twenty is a distinctive, north London based, jazz choir of around 30 mixed voices that delights in performing a wide range of popular music, in four to eight-part harmony. Since the group was formed by Malcolm Abbs in 1979, Take Twenty has moved from strength to strength, offering its members the thrill and challenge of singing an amazing array of numbers at sophisticated and complex levels. There are over 250, mainly original, arrangements in our repertoire, drawing inspiration from classic standards and hits with a strong accent on jazz, as well as Latin, folk, cabaret and show tunes. Included are some a capella numbers, but the majority are accompanied by piano and double bass.
      Take Twenty rehearses weekly, in Camden, and perform throughout the year. This includes work for charities, shows for the local community, appearing alongside jazz bands and putting on at least one solo show at a hired theatre every year. Recent performances include the The Royal Festival Hall foyer series, the London A Capella Festival at Kings Place and the 2010 Choir of the Year Category finals inBirmingham Symphony Hall.

      In July 2011, our MD, Rachel Staunton, will be leaving the group. To replace her we are seeking an MD with experience of directing jazz or popular music vocal groups. The successful candidate will have charisma and commitment to helping us fulfil our potential. If you are interested in finding out more about the post, which will begin in September 2011, please see the Take Twenty website:
      www.take-twenty.co.uk/MDapplication.html

      Please note the closing date for applications will be 12 May 2011. For further details email Rachel Holt: info@...

      A hard act to follow – and the show must go on!