A cappella opportunity in Surrey

  • Neil Barton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 11:11 PM

      A rare opportunity has arisen to join a group of a cappella singers based in the south-east of England.

      ‘Now We Are Six’ were formed a year ago to sing close harmony a cappella jazz and pop with the occasional classic thrown in for variety.   Current repertoire includes songs from Cole Porter, Kirsty McColl, Abba, and Straight No Chaser.  We’re big fans of Gene Puerling, The Real Group, Voces8, and the Swingles.  We use a mixture of published arrangements and our own.

      We have decided to expand to an octet and would like to meet ambitious amateur singers who share our enthusiasm.

      You will be comfortable singing one-to-a-part.

      You should be able to read music in rehearsal, but be prepared to memorise songs and sing off-the-copy in performance.

      There will be a small amount of choreography to learn as well, though nothing too energetic or complex.

      Rehearsals will be held on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening in the Guildford/Woking/Farnborough area.

      We’re a friendly bunch who laugh a lot during rehearsals.

      We would particularly like to meet high light sopranos, a deep bass, and/or a vocal percussionist.

      Anyone interested should email singwithus2011-music at yahoo.com.  (Replace the 'at' with '@').

      You will be invited to a rehearsal on Saturday 14th May, from 2-5, so we can mutually try each other out.

      Look forward to hearing from you all!

      \Neil

    • Susan Corcoran
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20 12:29 AM

        Aah, I wish I could, but I live in Merseyside!!

        I sang in ‘ Main Street ’ quartet for 25 years……….Happy Days!

        Good luck with your auditions.

        Sue