Gathering Voices Festival of Song 2011

  • festivalofsong
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 9:35 AM
      We are programming our second annual Gathering Voices Festival of Song in Bristol between 7th - 16th October 2011.

      We're really interested to find out about any acappella groups that are on tour around those dates that might be interested in programming a show within the Festival.

      Really appreciate any contacts, suggestions etc.

      Thanks

      Hannah
      Gathering Voices Festival of Song
      www.festivalofsong.org.uk
      www.cityofsong.org.uk
    • MikeyMagnet
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Hi Hannah,

        If you fancy programming something fun and loud that will appeal to all ages, The Magnets (www.themagnets.com, www.facebook.com/themagnets) are on tour during that period, and we don't have a booking in Bristol as yet.

        Here's a recent Guardian review: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/dec/16/the-magnets-review

        We've just successfully collaborated with the Roundhouse Community Choir at the Voices Now festival, and will be doing the same with a local choir (Voice Squad) at the Ipswich Festival in July. This might be something you'd consider if you've got a local group that would enjoy the experience of performing with a professional contemporary a cappella group.

        You can find our contact details on our website. Best of luck with planning the festival.

        Michael Welton

        www.themagnets.com

        --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "festivalofsong" <gatheringvoice@...> wrote:

        > We are programming our second annual Gathering Voices Festival of Song in Bristol between 7th - 16th October 2011.
        >
        > We're really interested to find out about any acappella groups that are on tour around those dates that might be interested in programming a show within the Festival.
        >
        > Really appreciate any contacts, suggestions etc.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Hannah
        > Gathering Voices Festival of Song
        > www.festivalofsong.org.uk
        > www.cityofsong.org.uk

      • thebrillsuk
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
          Hi Michael

          I'll also ask Hannah to see if she can get you guys to the event. As well as running Gathering Voices, she also leads an incredible youth acappella group called World Roots. I am a member of Original Sing also in Bristol (we performed at the London Acappella Festival this year and Gathering Voices last year) and are massive Magnets fans - we were previously members of Naked Voices and came and saw you at Edinburgh when we were performing there ourselves.

          If this works out, could we be really cheeky and put ourselves forward to do something collaborative. World Roots would also be amazing with you guys. We worship before the Andy Frost beatbox DVD before rehearsals and would eat our grandmothers to work with you!

          With kind regards

          Peter Brill

          --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "MikeyMagnet" <michael@...> wrote:

          > Hi Hannah,
          >
          > If you fancy programming something fun and loud that will appeal to all ages, The Magnets (www.themagnets.com, www.facebook.com/themagnets) are on tour during that period, and we don't have a booking in Bristol as yet.
          >
          > Here's a recent Guardian review: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/dec/16/the-magnets-review
          >
          > We've just successfully collaborated with the Roundhouse Community Choir at the Voices Now festival, and will be doing the same with a local choir (Voice Squad) at the Ipswich Festival in July. This might be something you'd consider if you've got a local group that would enjoy the experience of performing with a professional contemporary a cappella group.
          >
          > You can find our contact details on our website. Best of luck with planning the festival.
          >
          > Michael Welton
          >
          > www.themagnets.com
          >
          > --- In UK-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "festivalofsong" <gatheringvoice@> wrote:
          > >
          > > We are programming our second annual Gathering Voices Festival of Song in Bristol between 7th - 16th October 2011.
          > >
          > > We're really interested to find out about any acappella groups that are on tour around those dates that might be interested in programming a show within the Festival.
          > >
          > > Really appreciate any contacts, suggestions etc.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Hannah
          > > Gathering Voices Festival of Song
          > > www.festivalofsong.org.uk
          > > www.cityofsong.org.uk

        • MikeyMagnet
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2011
            Hi Peter,

            You can indeed put yourselves forward, but let's keep the grandmothers intact! We've got a couple of nice collaborative pieces that it would be great to try out with you and possibly World Roots as well. I haven't heard from Hannah as yet though, so let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

            Andy will be chuffed his DVD is being put to good use.

            Michael