Help put the sing in Gras-sing-ton

  • John Neal
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2010
      Yorkshire Dales Country News:

      Calling all singers! No experience required. Come and perform with one of the UK’s top a cappella vocal groups - Black Voices - at the Grassington festival this June.

      So, following hot on the heels of television series such as The Choir and Glee, the Festival has decided the people of Craven should have the chance to take part in a community choral project. Sure, many of us were put off singing following tuneless experiences as kids. “My husband was one of those who was told to mime in school concerts, he’s never been confident singing since then” said one anonymous festival committee member, ”but actually he’s quite good, when he thinks no-one is listening”. Carol Pemberton, the musical director of Black Voices, agrees. She knows that singing is something everyone can enjoy and will welcome everyone who would like to take part. She’s not bothered whether they have sung in choirs before, or just belted out their favourite hits in the shower (be honest, we’ve all done it!).

      So who are Black Voices? They performed at the Festival three years ago and went down a storm, “Their sound and harmonies are just beautiful. And as people they are truly inspirational too” commented Festival director Amelia Vyvyan, “I was delighted when they agreed to take on this project. They ran a short workshop the last time they visited. They had us sounding excellent after just one hour”.

      Read more:-

      http://www.daelnet.co.uk/countrynews/country_news_09042010.cfm