Sing Acapella! (Surrey/Hants)

  • neil_barton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi everyone.

      I would like to join or form a small amateur acapella group singing close harmony, vocal jazz, doo-wop, and gospel in the Guildford/Camberley/Farnham area.

      All genders, voices and ages welcome.

      Anyone interested? If yes, please email Neil_Barton at-sign yahoo.com

      \Neil
    • David Green
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2009
        Hi,

        I'm looking for a good high soprano to join an advanced acapella group
        in Bristol.

        Naked Voices was an award winning 15 piece vocal group, based in
        Bristol. We won 3 Edinurgh Fringe 'Sell-Out Show' awards in a row. Sadly
        the group closed last year when our MD retired and several members were
        ready to move on.

        Now, 10 of the 15 have reformed into a new band and starting again to
        build a whole new repertoire. We are learning a wide variety of styles
        in up to 9 parts, looking to stretch ourselves and to grow musically.

        If a top sop would be interested in joining us, in the first instance,
        take a look at where we've come from - this was our farewell concert -
        http://www.youtube.com/grommit6
        If this appeals, do please get in touch

        What we are looking for is
        - accurate pitching
        - can reach up to at least a top G#/A
        - ability to blend well
        - ability to adapt her voice to disappear or stand out as needed,
        altering tone according to the needs of the song.
        - someone who would fit in well with our little 'family'
        - looking for medium to long term involvement
        - ability to read music an advantage but not a show stopper, as only 2/3
        of the band currently can.
        - a team player, not an ego

        Best wishes
        David Green