CoMA at Sounds New

  • bleichernatalie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2009
      Dear singers,

      I'm from CoMA, Contemporary Music Making for Amateurs. We're running a three-day residency in Canterbury, UK from 30 April to 2 May 2009 to rehearse and perform newly commissioned works as part of the Sounds New Contemporary Music Festival and I hope some of you will be interested in taking part.

      It's open to singers and instrumentalists of all abilities. The choir, directed by Sarah Leonard, will learn new works by Pawel Lukaszewski  and Joe Cutler , and the residency also includes talks on Polish music, admission to a live interview with Krzysztof Penderecki and all Sounds New Festival concerts for the three days. If you can't make all three days there is also the opportunity to take part on just the Saturday.

      Details are below. For full details and online booking visit  www.coma.org/soundsnew  or e-mail admin@...  for an application pack. Please forward this message on to other musicians who may be interested.

      Many thanks,
      Natalie Bleicher

      Explore Polish contemporary music with three days of rehearsals, workshops and concerts at the Sounds New Festival in Canterbury

      Three-day residency: Thursday 30 April – Saturday 2 May
      The three-day residency will give you the opportunity to rehearse and perform specially commissioned works by leading Polish and British composers. The event will also include talks on Polish music, a live interview with Penderecki at the University of Canterbury plus admission to all Sounds New Festival concerts for the three days. This includes the first UK performance in thirty years of Penderecki's St. Luke's passion – to be conducted by Penderecki himself!
      Cost: £125 (£65 concessions)

      Allcomers' day: Saturday 2 May
      Instrumentalists and singers of all abilities are invited to join the CoMA residency orchestra and choir to rehearse and perform Stephen Montague's Chorale for the Cauldrons of Hell and Robert Szymanek's I Can't Do This Without You, two powerful and popular works. An ideal way to discover contemporary music!
      Cost: £12 (£6 concessions)