The Magnets & The Great British Summer of A Cappella Music in Prospect!

  • MikeyMagnet
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2009

      This looks like being a great summer of a cappella in the UK, and we just wanted to draw your attention to some of great gigs that we, The Magnets, are doing, as well as those of some of our friends on the cutting edge of the contemporary a cappella scene. Please do come and support us as we do our bit to take all-vocal music to a wider audience.

      The Magnets: Under The Covers

      The Magnets dare to take a cappella music where other vocal groups fear to tread with their fusion of vocal harmonies and beatboxing. In Under The Covers they use their unique sound to explore unexpected corners of the pop canon from Joy Division to Scissor Sisters, and to demonstrate that an a cappella group can make a sound to rival any band with instruments. Simply great music, made simply with the mouth.

      www.themagnets.com

      Friday 27th March

      Blacksheep Club, Ryde, Isle of Wight

      Friday 8th May

      Brighton Fringe Festival – The Komedia, Brighton 6pm. Tickets £12.50/£10, www.komedia.co.uk

      Friday 5th/Saturday 6th June

      E4 Underbelly (an amazing tent in the shape of an upturned cow!), South Bank Centre, London . 7pm. Tickets £15/£12.50.

      www.southbankcentre.co.uk/calendar/productions/the-magnets-45938

      Sunday 7th June

      Steyning Festival – Sussex , http://www.steyningfestival.co.uk/

      25th – 28th June

      Glastonbury Festival – Date and time to be confirmed.

      23rd July

      Harrogate Festival

      7th – 31st August

      E4 Underbelly - Edinburgh Fringe Festival – Time and ticket prices to be confirmed.

      16th October

      Belfast Festival

      Shlomo and the Vocal Orchestra

      Southbank Centre Artist in Residence Shlomo appears along with unique beatboxing choir the Vocal Orchestra in a performance combining uncanny vocal renditions of classic tunes, intricate improvisations and floor-wobbling basslines - in short, a live show the likes of which you have never seen before.

      http://www.myspace.com/shlomoandthevocalorchestra

      Monday 1st June to Wednesday 3rd June - E4 Underbelly, South Bank Centre, London . 7pm. Tickets £16/£12.50

      25th – 28th June – Glastonbury Festival – Date and time to be confirmed.

      Naturally Seven

      Naturally 7 bring together gospel, doo-wop, beat-boxing and soulful R&B, and call the results `vocal play' - their astonishingly versatile voices provide not just the lyrics, melodies and harmonies, but every musical instrument in every spectacular performance.

      http://www.n7house.de/

      June 8, 2009 UK Gateshead/ Newcastle The Sage

      June 10, 2009 UK London Barbican

      June 11, 2009 UK Birmingham Town Hall

      June 12, 2009 UK Cambridge Corn Exchange

      June 14, 2009 UK Manchester RNCM