Cupid a cappella

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2008
      THIS IS LONDON:

      A loved-up man proposed to his girlfriend using an a capella choir in
      the middle of Sainsbury’s Clapham yesterday. Neil Chandler, 36,
      surprised Kaajal Barot, 28, in the fruit and veg section by bursting
      into “It Must Be Love” by Madness.

      Miss Barot watched in astonishment as choir members posing as shoppers
      joined in while Mr Chandler popped the question.

      He said: “Kaajal said to me that she wanted me to surprise her and I
      thought if I flew her to somewhere dramatic or if I took her to a
      fancy restaurant she would know and it would be heavy on the pocket
      book. “So I decided instead to spring it on her in Sainsbury’s, where
      we come every Sunday.”

      Mr Chandler, of Sandmere Road, Clapham has been secretly practising
      for weeks with Kitsch In Sync, a volunteer choir based in London
      Bridge. He said he had been nervous on his way to the Clapham High
      Street store, but but luckily she said “yes” and accepted the diamond
      ring.

      Choir member Kate Kimber, 25, from St Albans said afterwards: “It was
      brilliant, I burst into tears. It was just really beautiful. I didn’t
      think it would go as well as it did. He had been to a few rehearsals
      with us and we weren’t entirely sure how it was going to work. But it
      went perfectly.”

      Kitsch in Sync
      www.kitschinsync.co.uk

      Read more