The Full Monteverdi

  • lucypoly04
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2008
      Interested in a feature film based entirely on a capella music? Read on...

      The Full Monteverdi is a narrative film based on the composer's entire fourth book of madrigals. It is developed from a live show featuring the British vocal ensemble I Fagiolini, which finished three successful years of touring with a run at New York's Lincoln Center Festival last summer. The 20 madrigals in Monteverdi's book are turned into a story about six couples breaking up in a restaurant. The film is a little different from the live show but is based on the same idea and has managed to bring unaccompanied vocal music to a new audience through its contemporary approach, its screenings, TV broadcasts and DVD release.

      Have a look at the trailer here:

      Or the website:

      www.thefullmonteverdi.co.uk

      There are some seriously good reviews for this but be warned, it might make you cry - alot! You can get it quite cheaply from that site - it's on amazon too. There are a few screenings over the summer in England. I hear the live show was amazing. Such a shame that I Fagiolini has stopped doing it.

      Lucy