Kinks star set to team up with Chorus again

  • A Cappella News
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      Rehearsals are underway for the long awaited reunion of music legend
      Ray Davies and the popular Crouch End Festival Chorus.

      Joining up for the first time since their hugely successful Electric
      Proms outing in 2007, the choral rock gig will be unleashed on
      audiences at the Hampton Court Festival on June 19 and June 20.

      Chorus' conductor David Temple is thrilled to take to the stage again
      with former singer with The Kinks.

      He said: "We had our first mini rehearsal in my back room the other
      day. I've known Ray for about 10 years but it's still a surreal
      experience."

      The Muswell Hill icon will be performing classic Kinks songs with the
      group.

      "Ray has always been interested in lots of different types of music,"
      continued Mr Temple.

      "He came to hear us sing last summer and everything went from there.
      It's a thrill to be working with one of the greatest song writers of
      all time.