Welcome cejacobson

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
      Hi and welcome to our little group of puffers.
      You won't find a lot of action here; that's because we are all sitting
      contentedly puffing on our pipes.
      But it would be nice to hear what your favourite tobacco currently is,
      in fact, can you tell us some of the brands that you can buy locally to
      you ? - It would be nice to know if our favourite brands are available
      in other parts of the world.
      My current favourite is still CLAN.
      But occasionally I do veer towards St.Bruno.
      Richard
    • cejacobson2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardbarton@...> wrote:

        > Hi and welcome to our little group of puffers.
        > You won't find a lot of action here; that's because we are all sitting
        > contentedly puffing on our pipes.
        > But it would be nice to hear what your favourite tobacco currently is,
        > in fact, can you tell us some of the brands that you can buy locally to
        > you ? - It would be nice to know if our favourite brands are available
        > in other parts of the world.
        > My current favourite is still CLAN.
        > But occasionally I do veer towards St.Bruno.
        > Richard

        Completely understand! Spent last night on my back porch enjoying a smoke.

        I need some help and maybe this group can be just that...

        Need help identifying two pipes and getting some History.
        First pipe has been fixed as it has two very minor splits (of course every split in a
        pipe is major!). Someone added a silver band at the end of the shaft where it
        connects to the stem.
        As you hold the bowl in your left hand and the stem in your right, "Ben Wad" can be
        seen. I can only assume it says, "Ben Wade"
        On the other side you see "ected" or "eated" or maybe it's "acted" or some
        variation of those letters. Also, you see under what was described above, "ondon
        Made" and under that it says "England" The silver band cuts off some letters.
        Again, I can only assume that it says "London Made".
        It is a billiard style. I was told by someone that it was available only to American
        GI's via the PX (Post Exchange) during WWII in England...have no idea if this is true
        so here I am asking you for help.

        Second pipe is a "Chippendale" with "Made in London England" and "4" on it.
        Anybody know the history of this one?

        Any and all help of course will be and is greatly appreciated.
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
          --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "cejacobson2000"
          <cejacobson2000@...> wrote:

          > --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardbarton@>
          wrote:

          > > Hi and welcome to our little group of puffers.
          > > You won't find a lot of action here; that's because we are all
          sitting
          > > contentedly puffing on our pipes.
          > > But it would be nice to hear what your favourite tobacco
          currently is,
          > > in fact, can you tell us some of the brands that you can buy
          locally to
          > > you ? - It would be nice to know if our favourite brands are
          available
          > > in other parts of the world.
          > > My current favourite is still CLAN.
          > > But occasionally I do veer towards St.Bruno.
          > > Richard
          > >
          > Completely understand! Spent last night on my back porch enjoying
          a smoke.

          > I need some help and maybe this group can be just that...
          >
          > Need help identifying two pipes and getting some History.
          > First pipe has been fixed as it has two very minor splits (of
          course every split in a
          > pipe is major!). Someone added a silver band at the end of the
          shaft where it
          > connects to the stem.
          > As you hold the bowl in your left hand and the stem in your
          right, "Ben Wad" can be
          > seen. I can only assume it says, "Ben Wade"
          > On the other side you see "ected" or "eated" or maybe it's "acted"
          or some
          > variation of those letters. Also, you see under what was described
          above, "ondon
          > Made" and under that it says "England" The silver band cuts off
          some letters.
          > Again, I can only assume that it says "London Made".
          > It is a billiard style. I was told by someone that it was
          available only to American
          > GI's via the PX (Post Exchange) during WWII in England...have no
          idea if this is true
          > so here I am asking you for help.
          >
          > Second pipe is a "Chippendale" with "Made in London England"
          and "4" on it.
          > Anybody know the history of this one?
          >
          > Any and all help of course will be and is greatly appreciated.

          Hi -
          A photo would help. You can upload photos to the "Photos" section. If
          you do, create an album for it.
          Richard
        • cejacobson2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
            --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardbarton@...> wrote:

            > --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "cejacobson2000"
            > <cejacobson2000@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In UK-Pipe-Smokers@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <richardbarton@>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi and welcome to our little group of puffers.
            > > > You won't find a lot of action here; that's because we are all
            > sitting
            > > > contentedly puffing on our pipes.
            > > > But it would be nice to hear what your favourite tobacco
            > currently is,
            > > > in fact, can you tell us some of the brands that you can buy
            > locally to
            > > > you ? - It would be nice to know if our favourite brands are
            > available
            > > > in other parts of the world.
            > > > My current favourite is still CLAN.
            > > > But occasionally I do veer towards St.Bruno.
            > > > Richard
            > > >
            > > Completely understand! Spent last night on my back porch enjoying
            > a smoke.
            > >
            > > I need some help and maybe this group can be just that...
            > >
            > > Need help identifying two pipes and getting some History.
            > > First pipe has been fixed as it has two very minor splits (of
            > course every split in a
            > > pipe is major!). Someone added a silver band at the end of the
            > shaft where it
            > > connects to the stem.
            > > As you hold the bowl in your left hand and the stem in your
            > right, "Ben Wad" can be
            > > seen. I can only assume it says, "Ben Wade"
            > > On the other side you see "ected" or "eated" or maybe it's "acted"
            > or some
            > > variation of those letters. Also, you see under what was described
            > above, "ondon
            > > Made" and under that it says "England" The silver band cuts off
            > some letters.
            > > Again, I can only assume that it says "London Made".
            > > It is a billiard style. I was told by someone that it was
            > available only to American
            > > GI's via the PX (Post Exchange) during WWII in England...have no
            > idea if this is true
            > > so here I am asking you for help.
            > >
            > > Second pipe is a "Chippendale" with "Made in London England"
            > and "4" on it.
            > > Anybody know the history of this one?
            > >
            > > Any and all help of course will be and is greatly appreciated.
            > >
            > Hi -
            > A photo would help. You can upload photos to the "Photos" section. If
            > you do, create an album for it.
            > Richard

            Just took the photos and posted them.