Welcome to the new group.

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2007
      I launched this group because although there are already plenty of
      pipe-smoker's groups on Yahoo, there only seems to be one based in
      the UK, but that is in Yorkshire. I wanted a general UK group. All
      the others are based either in the States, or in Albania and other
      foreign places.
      So here we are then !
      Anyhow, I'll introduce myself.
      I've been puffing on a pipe since I was fifteen...... that's a total
      time of around 45 years....... with a ten year break from which I've
      just recently returned to my old pipes.
      When I was a kid I found a pipe in the road where some poor bloke had
      dropped it. A lovely curve Peterson, with a silver band. I took it
      home
      and later stuffed it with dog-ends that I found in the street. It
      didn't seem too bad so that commenced me on my pipe-smoking life. My
      two school friends liked the idea and they went out and bought
      themselves pipes and we became a kind of pipe-smoking "gang" !
      Over the years I've used and enjoyed - Erinmore Mixture, Condor,
      Clan, Balkan Sobrani Flake, Yachtsman and one or two other brands,
      including Trantor's own Gaelic Mixture.
      I've still got that original pipe though it's been "retired" long ago.
      I currently smoke a couple of Carey Magic Inch pipes which I rotate,
      and my favourite tobacco is currently "Clan Aromatic" though I
      occasionally smoke other brands.
      Glad you could drop in to read the messages, and I hope you'll join
      us.
      Richard