Re: [U-Zendo] Annual Salutations

  • Timothy J. Schutte
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2013
      Excellent!

      On 01/30/2013 09:33 AM, Joseph Kozono wrote:
      Hi everybody:

      --- On Wed, 1/30/13, Timothy J. Schutte <kc8hr@...> wrote:

      > And here I had thought that U-Zendo was 'dust in
      > the wind'! It's good to hear from you!

      Fortunately, the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are active both in the dust riding the wind and in the wind moving the dust.

      JK

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 30, 2013
        I gassho in your general direction.  ;)
        --
         Lee 李 Love in Longfellow,Minneapolis, MN USA
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/togei/

         "Ta tIr na n-óg ar chul an tI—tIr dlainn trina chéile"—that is, "The land of eternal youth is behind the house, a beautiful land fluent within itself." -- John O'Donohue
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 30, 2013
          Now I’ve got that “dust in the wind” song going through my head. Thanks, Joe.

          Sweet to see some of the old names pop up.

          Pat Stacy

          Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:36 AM
          Subject: Re: [U-Zendo] Annual Salutations

          --- On Wed, 1/30/13, Timothy J. Schutte mailto:kc8hr@... wrote:

          > And here I had thought that U-Zendo was 'dust in
          > the wind'! It's good to hear from you!

          Fortunately, the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas are active both in the dust riding the wind and in the wind moving the dust.

          JK

        • Albert Weinhardt
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 31, 2013
            Wow! I agree..... it's such a sweet treat to get the unexpected mail from UZendo. And since I have no idea what is the general direction, I offer you all bows in the ten directions along with my gratitude for all you have given and shared over the years.
            Al
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 28, 2013
              On 01/31/2013 12:48 PM, Albert Weinhardt wrote: Wow! I agree..... it's such a sweet treat to get the unexpected mail from UZendo. And since I have no idea what is the general direction, I offer you all bows in the ten directions along with my gratitude for all you have given and shared over the years.
              Al

              Parsimonious ass that I am, I think I'll recycle your wonderful greeting for 2014.

              Have any of you died the past year? No? Good! Stay in the Dharma!

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 28, 2013
                  Happy new year all.  Wonderful to hear from the list!

                  On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Weasel Tracks <weaseltrax@...> wrote:

                  On 01/31/2013 12:48 PM, Albert Weinhardt wrote:
                  Wow! I agree..... it's such a sweet treat to get the unexpected mail from UZendo. And since I have no idea what is the general direction, I offer you all bows in the ten directions along with my gratitude for all you have given and shared over the years.
                  Al

                  Parsimonious ass that I am, I think I'll recycle your wonderful greeting for 2014.

                  Have any of you died the past year? No? Good! Stay in the Dharma!

                     ---Weasel Tracks

                • Timothy J. Schutte
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 29, 2013
                    Hey 'Trax and All,

                    On 12/28/2013 05:29 PM, Weasel Tracks wrote:
                    On 01/31/2013 12:48 PM, Albert Weinhardt wrote: Wow! I agree..... it's such a sweet treat to get the unexpected mail from UZendo. And since I have no idea what is the general direction, I offer you all bows in the ten directions along with my gratitude for all you have given and shared over the years.
                    Al

                    Parsimonious ass that I am, I think I'll recycle your wonderful greeting for 2014.

                    Have any of you died the past year? No? Good! Stay in the Dharma!
                    Still alive here, but I thought that the U-Zendo had quietly expired. Good to see you all again!

                    Happy New Year,
                    Tim

                    --
                    Timothy J. Schutte
                    kc8hr@...

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 29, 2013
                      I tried to die in 2012 from a pulmonary embolism, but wasn’t successful. 2013 has been fine. Have survived Christmas nicely and am now present in the present. It’s good to know you guys are still out there.
                      Pat Stacy

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 30, 2013
                        On Dec 29, 2013, at 5:25 PM, "Pat Stacy" <pstacy@...> wrote:
                        > I tried to die in 2012 from a pulmonary embolism, but wasn’t successful.

                        Eventually, bet you'd succeed. I hope for more writing from you before you drop your name, but that's my selfish desire.

                        > 2013 has been fine.

                        I spent much of it on my land in VT, where I did so many of my posts to UZendo in the nineties. It was refreshing and wholesome, and energizing, I hope, to see if I can build something there that can stand the winter, with little money.

                        > Have survived Christmas nicely and am now present in the present.

                        That does it quite nicely. I learned that my Berkeley girl friend, met in 1969, died. The sweet lady passed easily, her daughter said. I'm glad of that, but that much more mindful of Ol' Mister Rattle-bones shakin' his scythe out the window.

                        This month, I was also fortunate to be in intimate teaching conversation with two great teachers from the Dharma Drum lineage, Žarko Andričević and Guogu, doing a retreat with one and chauffeuring the other a couple of hours. Therefore, there seems to be more there there in my here-and-now.

                        > It’s good to know you guys are still out there.

                        Amen!