Re: [U-Zendo] blasphemy?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 21, 2012
      Still here...after a significant brush with death...still here.
      Pat Stacy

      Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [U-Zendo] blasphemy?

      Hey Weasel:

      --- On Tue, 8/21/12, Weasel Tracks <weaseltrax@...> wrote:

      > I have seen travelers' advisories telling American
      > tourists to Thailand never to point their feet at a Buddharupa.

      When in Rome do as the romans... when in Thailand... well you know...

      JK

    • Bryan Buchan
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 22, 2012
        I am still here.  Doing well!  We have a Zen Center in Grand Rapids MI.  I am very thankful we do, as I have moved back to Michigan from Arizona where I was spoiled by the variety of their Buddhist/Zen Communities.  I miss the activity on the list as well.  It's great to see some are still around ;)

        -Bryan Buchan

        On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin@...> wrote:

        On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM, richard horvitz <richard.horvitz@...> wrote:

        Greetings all.  Is anybody still there?
        I was really disappointed to see this story:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19325357
        I thought Buddhists at least were beyond notions of blasphemy.

        I'm still here, Richard. I miss the activity on this list. I suppose that, given that the recent war on Sri Lanka was largely along religious lines, it shouldn't be surprising that some Buddhists are not "beyond notions of blasphemy".

        Brattleboro, VT
        USA
        palmer.r.violin@...

        --
        Bryan Buchan
        Bailiwick Media
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 22, 2012
          Wow!! Nice to hear from you all! Sort of out of the blue...... Practice goes on. Lee, I feel sad for all those priests who meditated for 3 years and never realized the joy of what they were doing. And Pat! Ominous sounding. I hope you're well now. I think of you often and all those who benefitted from the tapes you so wonderfully shared.
          Al
        • Timothy J. Schutte
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 22, 2012
            Good to see everyone--I thought the list had withered away.

            Tim

            --
            Timothy J. Schutte
            http://www.facebook.com/kc8hr