Re: [U-Zendo] cognitive gains from just small amount of meditation

    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 17, 2010
      On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Lee <togeika@...> wrote:

      > At a basic level, zazen brings us into the quiet we evolved to
      > experience, which is removed from modern life, because we are isolated
      > from Nature, the seasons and the elements.

      (sorry about typos last night. Was up late getting glazing done.)

      An easy way to test this would be with simple comparison tests. You
      could have other groups sit by a waterfall for the same amount of
      time, sit under a big pine tree in the woods. Sit in the middle of
      traffic in NYC.

      Also, different types of meditation create differing brainwaves.
      So vipassana, shikan taza, mantra, Tai Chi and koan mediation could
      be also tested.

      --
      Lee Love in Minneapolis
      http://mingeisota.blogspot.com/

      "Ta tIr na n-óg ar chul an tI—tIr dlainn trina chéile"—that is, "The
      land of eternal youth is behind the house, a beautiful land fluent
      within itself." -- John O'Donohue