Re: [U-Zendo] Physical advice

  • jeff franks
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2009

      hi ralph
      over the years, due to increasing joint problems and other body mishaps,  i've 'graduated'  from lotus to practicing in straight back chair, lounge chair, or lying flat on my back-- they all work just fine.  body position can help but mind meditates.  alternate 'formal' meditation positions might actually help in the transfer to meditation in action in the big world out there.
      given forementioned physical problems, i've had success working with 'exercise therapists' to maximize use of my aching body parts.
      karuna
      jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2009
        Hi All,

        My knees have been 'frozen'--the joint no longer functions--due to my
        paraplegia. I sit in my chair, and also lying flat on my back. While the
        lotus may be ideal for most of us, it isn't absolutely necessary.

        --
        Timothy J. Schutte
        kc8hr@... | http://kc8hr.webs.com/