Master Sheng-yen passed away...

  • Louis-Dominique Dubeau
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      A quick note to inform all of you that Master Sheng-yen, the founder of
      Dharma Drum Mountain in Taiwan, passed away today.

      Maggie, if you are still in the group: my sincere condolences on the
      passing away of your teacher. I extend my condolences to other students
      of Master Sheng-yen I may not be aware are in our group.

      With metta,
      Louis (currently residing at Dharma Drum)
    • Jonathan Parks
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
        Dear Dharma sisters and brothers:

        I have just seen Louis-Dominique's announcement:

        Louis-Dominique Dubeau <ldd@...> wrote:

        > A quick note to inform all of you that Master Sheng-yen,
        > the founder of Dharma Drum Mountain in Taiwan,
        > passed away today.

        My solidarity to all of his disciples, friends and loved ones, at this sad moment.

        Namo Omitofo (“ì–³ˆ¢œ\‘ɘÅ).

        JK

      • Jonathan Parks
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          Dear Maggie:

          I am communicating to this list via Jonathan's account because there seem to be a problem with mine and he has kindly allowed me to reach you and all the Zendo brothers and sisters in this way.

          I never had the chance to meet master Sheng Yen personally while I was in Taiwan.  However, I have met many of his disciples and I feel this loss as my own.

          Jonathan's and I want to express our solidarity and our chants will be with you and all of his disciples.

          “ì–³ˆ¢œ\‘ɘÅ
          Namo Omitofo

          JK & Jon