Re: [U-Zendo] Happy Thanksgiving-Day

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 27, 2008
      >Happy Thanksgiving Joseph, and everyone,
      >and many thanksgivings more to be blessed with.
      >
      >valerie
      >(alaska)

      And I (and Maggie) from the rural retreat center in Pine Bush, NY,
      where we will have about a dozen Chan practitioners for a vegetarian
      lunch. These are sell-seasoned practitioners, so I look forward to a
      tasteful meal -- nothing like vegetarian cuisine!

      Oops! this isn't <alt.buddha.short.fat.guy>! Well, you all enjoy
      yourselves, anyway, and don't eat (and drink) so much you can't sit
      zen the next day!

      Nice to see your name again, Val.

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 27, 2008
        Happy Thanksgiving!

        My youngest son is in town, so we will take our first trip this
        afternoon on the Light Rail to The Mall Of America. Going to see
        Transporter 3.

        My wife and I were both vegetarian until we met Katagiri Roshi. We
        changed to do what the Buddha did and now we eat what ever we are
        offered.

        I have been doing low-carb since March. It is our biological
        diet (I call it my Caveman diet.) Been off sugar since. If you look
        at labels, most factory foods have refined corn, wheat, soybean, sugar
        and corn syrup in them. Those refined carbs will kill you. And they
        are primarily made of petrochemicals and have a high impact on the
        environment. (8^)

        --
        Lee Love in Minneapolis
        http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/