Re: [U-Zendo] You've received a private message from a friend!

  • vc
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
      matcheipkfriends wrote:
      http://kendiv.zoomshare.com/files/friend.htm

      omg - omg omg!!!
      it's Kendiv!
      (from zoomshare)

      oh dearest Kendiv, how did you ever find us???

      it's been SO long - so long - since we was
      out there cheerleading in the futball field, before
      you married that reprobate, and I - went on to
      this life of stern and solitary disciplines; sigh.

      How's the big brother, and the little ants?

      Anyways - oh thank you for finding us, and
      please contribute any denomination of $$$
      in that bowl by the door, on your way out.
      (oh, and don't forget your shoes)
    • vc
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
        Joseph Kozono wrote:
        Hi everybody:

        Giving thanks is a very buddhist thing to do and it nicely intersects with the American (and Canadian) Celebration of Thanksgiving-Day.  I will be celebrating away from home, with the expats and some Sangha members with a nice vegetarian meal.

        Also I have just seen the message sent by matcheipkfriends and I have unsubscribed that person from the list.

        In gasshou,

        JK

        Happy Thanksgiving Joseph, and everyone,
        and many thanksgivings more to be blessed with.

        valerie
        (alaska)
      • Ralph Palmer
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
          Happy Thanksgiving to all. My daughter first pointed out some of the reasons why Thanksgiving is her (and my own) favorite holiday - not too much hype, and it's largely family-centered, at least in our family.

          Ralph

          On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:38 AM, Joseph Kozono <kozonoj@...> wrote:

          Hi everybody:

          Giving thanks is a very buddhist thing to do and it nicely intersects with the American (and Canadian) Celebration of Thanksgiving-Day.  I will be celebrating away from home, with the expats and some Sangha members with a nice vegetarian meal.

          Also I have just seen the message sent by matcheipkfriends and I have unsubscribed that person from the list.

          In gasshou,

          JK

          Montague City, MA
          USA
          palmer.r.violin@...
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
            Happy Thanksgiving~! It is a holiday we missed living in Japan.
            Jean is still in Mashiko until spring. They just celebrated Culture
            Day. Jean had two woodblock prints on exhibit at the community
            center with our Woodblock Printing Club.

            Here is an interesting site about the history of Thanks Giving:

            http://www.nativeamericans.com/Thanksgiving.htm

            I am having a holiday exhibition at Raymond Ave. Gallery. You
            can see it here (along with my KinCam, a webcast of my sleeping Akita
            Kintaro):

            http://mingeisota.blogspot.com/

            --
            Lee Love in Minneapolis
            http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 27, 2008
                >Happy Thanksgiving Joseph, and everyone,
                >and many thanksgivings more to be blessed with.
                >
                >valerie
                >(alaska)

                And I (and Maggie) from the rural retreat center in Pine Bush, NY,
                where we will have about a dozen Chan practitioners for a vegetarian
                lunch. These are sell-seasoned practitioners, so I look forward to a
                tasteful meal -- nothing like vegetarian cuisine!

                Oops! this isn't <alt.buddha.short.fat.guy>! Well, you all enjoy
                yourselves, anyway, and don't eat (and drink) so much you can't sit
                zen the next day!

                Nice to see your name again, Val.

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 27, 2008
                  Happy Thanksgiving!

                  My youngest son is in town, so we will take our first trip this
                  afternoon on the Light Rail to The Mall Of America. Going to see
                  Transporter 3.

                  My wife and I were both vegetarian until we met Katagiri Roshi. We
                  changed to do what the Buddha did and now we eat what ever we are
                  offered.

                  I have been doing low-carb since March. It is our biological
                  diet (I call it my Caveman diet.) Been off sugar since. If you look
                  at labels, most factory foods have refined corn, wheat, soybean, sugar
                  and corn syrup in them. Those refined carbs will kill you. And they
                  are primarily made of petrochemicals and have a high impact on the
                  environment. (8^)