H.D. Thoreau

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2008
      Here is a quote that feels very much like the W.H. Murray/Goethe quote
      I have shared here before:

      "I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances
      confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the
      life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in
      common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible
      boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to
      establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws be
      expanded, and interpreted in his favor in a more liberal sense, and he
      will live with the license of a higher order of beings. In proportion
      as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less
      complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor
      weakness weakness. If you have built castles in the air, your work
      need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the
      foundations under them."

      李 Lee Love 大
      愛      鱗
      in Minneapolis 0http:http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/

      "With Humans it's what's here (he points to his heart) that makes the
      difference. If you don't have it in the heart, nothing you make will
      make a difference." ~~Bernard Leach~~ (As told to Dean Schwarz)