Re: [U-Zendo] feldenkrais method

  • wreturns@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3 12:09 PM
      Richard asks:
      > Can one learn enough from his books to make use of the
      > method, or does one need to see a practicioner?

      I would say this depends on whether you have serious and specific problem you want addressed. If this is the case, I think it best to see a practitioner. He/she can see very subtle aspects of your posture. You can't really see yourself, even with a mirror. Not at this precise and subtle level. It is better to have the professional prescribe exercises, and observe you as you do them.

      If you want an overview of the Feldenkrais concepts, and theories of body movement, and general exercises, that you can get from a book.

      There are general workshops you can go to just to try it out.

      Maggie Woman Returns