Re: [U-Zendo] it's alive?

  • Jakub Jaroszewski
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 18, 2008
      John Crook (master of Ch'an) said once that when you begin to categorize and group you thoughts, then finaly there will be no more than 3 or 5 categories. This way one can discover that he/she is just a man of 3 themes.
      It seems you're not alone :))) 3-5 themes, no more :)

      Palmer, Ralph pisze:

      Hmm. I keep thinking this list has been very helpful to me in the past, but I don’t feel moved to open a discussion.

      I just seem to be working on the same issues I was working on 20 years ago.

      Hmm.

      Ralph

      +++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Ralph Palmer
      Keene, NH, and Greenfield, MA
      USA
      rpalmer@...

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 18, 2008
        A one-word koan?

        --- Weasel Tracks <weaseltrax@...> wrote:

        > "girlegrider" was just here.

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • buffelaffey
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5, 2008
          Jakub wrote:
          > John Crook (master of Ch'an) said once that when you begin
          > to categorize and group you thoughts,

          Ho, Zendo, long time no speak.

          John Crook will be leading a 7-Day Koan Retreat at Dharma Drum Retreat
          Center in Pine Bush, NY. It begins on Saturday, March 15th. John will
          be assisted by Simon Child, a member of our U-Zendo list. Both John and
          Simon are Dharma Heirs of our master, Sheng-Yen Shifu.

          Attendence is limited to ensure that all retreatants get enough
          interview time. We've had a few last-minute cancellations, so there are
          a couple of spots open. Here's our website with the info; one can
          register online:

          http://www.dharmadrumretreat.org/calendar.php#koan200803

          Maggie FX Woman Returns