test

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
      does zendo still function?
    • Palmer, Ralph
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
        Richard -

        Not much happening here, as far as I can tell. Not even a query about an
        e-sesshin.

        Regarding your earlier question, there are lots of things we can do.
        They range from sitting with the issue to jumping on a plane and joining
        the monks in Myanmar. I'm afraid I do not know the relative
        effectiveness of the various options. Some others include joining the
        Amnesty International action (letters and/or emails to the U.N.),
        letters and/or emails to Senators and Congressmen, letters to the editor
        of the local paper, participation in a local rally, joining Amnesty
        International, joining the Buddhist Peace Fellowship, signing/supporting
        the Buddhist Channel's "Petition Campaign for Buddhist Solidarity with
        the Monks and Nuns of Burma" for a start. I'm sure there are lots more
        possibilities.

        Peace,

        Ralph
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++
        Ralph Palmer
        Keene, NH, and Greenfield, MA
        USA
        rpalmer@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2007
          Yes, zendo still works.

          I have a friend in NZ who has been sending details of a march the
          Buddhists are doing there in support of the monks:

          WHERE:  Starts at Aotea Square, Auckland City

          WHEN: This Sunday, 30 September, at 5:00 pm (gather at Aotea Square), at about 5:30 we will walk silently down Queen Street to QE II Square

           To support all those risking their lives to stand up for democracy in Myanmar.

          Of course, if you aren't in NZ this isn't going to do you any good, but perhaps you might like
          to organize a march in your own area.

          In  spite of what the US president said at the UN earlier this week about supporting
          the monks, there is oil in Burma.  I assume that the oppressive regime will be more
          cooperative about oil sales than a democratic government might be.

          LA

          On 9/27/07, Richard Horvitz <rhorvitz@...> wrote:

          does zendo still function?

        • richard horvitz
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
            Greetings all.  Just testing to see if this list still exists.  I don't mean to disturb your zazen.
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 22, 2010
              I read you good buddy!

              On 3/22/10, richard horvitz <richard.horvitz@...> wrote:

              Greetings all.  Just testing to see if this list still exists.  I don't mean to disturb your zazen.

              Lee Love in Minneapolis
              http://mingeisota.blogspot.com/

              "Ta tIr na n-óg ar chul an tI—tIr dlainn trina chéile"—that is, "The land of eternal youth is behind the house, a beautiful land fluent within itself." -- John O'Donohue