Re: [U-Zendo] suffering

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
      Mundane suffering is pretty easy to deal with.    But dukkha/dis-ease is at the base of all things we seek permanence in.   It is right there, in the middle of our deepest happiness.    It is simply a fact of life.

                 What we do in practice is become more effective at recovery:  not clinging or being adversed for as long as we used to be.   But it never disappears totally, as long as you are alive, except in deep mediation.   The plucked string simply comes back to the center and is stilled more readily,  open to the next plucking.

      --
      Lee in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
      http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/

      "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." - Henry David Thoreau

      "Let the beauty we love be what we do." - Rumi