Re: [U-Zendo] Beginner question?

  • Lee Love
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 8 5:18 AM
      Hi Ralph,

      This is a really wonderful insight. You have discovered what
      most people never know: We live in Plato's cave, and we mistake the
      shadows of our lives for our lives as they are lived. Everybody forms
      a "picture" of their actual experience. Because you know the
      difference between the experience and the "picture" of the experience,
      it is obvious that you know the experience before the "picture."

      The important thing to remember, is that the "picture" is just a
      picture. Let it go and be ready for the next experience.

      --
      Lee in Mashiko, Japan
      Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

      "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -
      Henry David Thoreau

      "Let the beauty we love be what we do." - Rumi