Re: anger(CHAT)

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 9, 2006
      Well, anger seems to offer something (at least initially) to protect
      from further trauma. Maybe it promises to keep future traumatisers
      at a distance. Unfortunately, it also does that to any helpers that
      might come our way.
      It also morphs into other more covert things (eg: social withdrawl)
      I'm not sure enlightenment morphs into anything but enlightenment.

      Scott

      --- In U-Zendo@yahoogroups.com, "Jakub Jaroszewski" <jakubjar@...>
      wrote:

      > So does talking about enlightenment is a cause of a future
      enlightment?
      > Talking about something is making it stronger in your life.
      > When you think about something then you finalely begin to talk
      about it; and
      > when you talk about it then you finaly begin to do it. Aren't you?
      > So, I suppose, when you talk and think about anger a lot, then you
      are in a
      > danger of making yourself an angry man.
      > Sometimes feelings are so painful that it is very difficult to not
      get into
      > them, but maintaining them is making them firm. The mind get used
      to them,
      > so they become you yourself.
      > Doesn't it goes this way? (I suppose :))
      >
      > kuba

      On Behalf

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 7, 2007
        This group has dwindled so much that there aren't enough people to sustain
        a discussion anymore. I think that much of the reason is that we have
        become hidden. If you type "uzendo" into google, you will not find this
        site (I think you have to hyphenate it, "u-zendo"). Probably people who
        knew this group when it was at mail.win.org assume that it no longer
        exists. Would it be a good thing for us to come out of hiding somehow?
      • Palmer, Ralph
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 8, 2007
          Greetings -

          I'm sort of stuck. When I try to "observe the mental process and
          experience the present bodily sensations", I find myself adding a layer,
          and I can't figure out a way around it. That is, when I observe the
          mental process, I find I process it before I'm conscious of it - I make
          a "picture" by the time I'm observing. And when I try to experience the
          present bodily sensations, I find I do it through images of the
          sensations. Is this a problem? If so, is there a way through?

          Ralph
          +++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Ralph Palmer
          Keene, NH, and Greenfield, MA
          USA
          rpalmer@...
        • Lee Love
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 8, 2007
            Hi Ralph,

            This is a really wonderful insight. You have discovered what
            most people never know: We live in Plato's cave, and we mistake the
            shadows of our lives for our lives as they are lived. Everybody forms
            a "picture" of their actual experience. Because you know the
            difference between the experience and the "picture" of the experience,
            it is obvious that you know the experience before the "picture."

            The important thing to remember, is that the "picture" is just a
            picture. Let it go and be ready for the next experience.

            --
            Lee in Mashiko, Japan
            Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

            "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." -
            Henry David Thoreau

            "Let the beauty we love be what we do." - Rumi