RE: [U-Zendo] Re: One Pill makes you taller...CHAT

  • Scott Hutton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006

      Michael wrote:

      Can't speak for women, but as a man I can vouch for the intense
      self-image we are raised with and carry through our entire lives.

      Yep. Not just what you mentioned either. Lots of other afflictions (eg sexism, racism, and other unrealistic fears) seem to be tied in with unrealistic self-image, or seeing other people as more “other” than “people”.

      Maybe Zen targets the unreality of the self-image more than the self-image itself. Hope that sentence made sense.

      With crossed legs,

      Scott